About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Say, Say, Say!!!

I love reading church signs as we travel.  Here are just a few that really stuck with me over the last little bit.  I saw the first one just today as we were traveling.


"Winners make commitments, Losers make promises."

Not sure how spiritual that really is, but it does apply to church life.  I have often heard, "Give the faithful a job, don't give a job to make them faithful."  Kind of on the same wave length. 

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak"

I really like that, because let your prayer life slack off and your judgement is clouded and you can easily be swayed.  I know when I fail to keep the communication line open with the Lord, I can tell a whole attitude change within myself.

"Come on it, the Son is always shining."

Being from the coast, I love this one very much.  There is never a cloudy day with the Son.

"Turn or Burn" and "Smoking or Non-Smoking"

I like these because they make you realize that hell is a real place.  I have never understood why people believe in a heaven, but not hell.  It is just as real as heaven.

 I loved this one, as this is what I wanted to say sometimes as a pastor's wife, but my tongue has the bite marks to prove that I bit my tongue.  I have always loved people who I haven't seen at church in years want to move their membership. These are the people that are always mowing their grass when you get out of church, so you know they are not going somewhere else.  Although they do feel compeled to call the pastor to tell them that they are changing churches...I guess to stop the "We miss you" cards.  LOL

I have seen this a lot lately.  I am guessing because of the economy.  Bad economy is not an excuse to stop tithing, but more like a good excuse to start in my book.

These are just a few that I really like.  This is how I spend a lot of my time while traveling.  I even bought a note book to record the ones that really speak to me in it.  So when you are riding down the road take notice of what the church signs say.

No comments:

Post a Comment