About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Unexpected!!!

I decided to hit a few thrift stores today because I haven't been in a while.  I first hit the library book sale and got three books for .30....can't beat that cheap entertainment.  Then I decided to go over to Goodwill.  I found this unusual basket with thread and needles for $5.  I bought it, and when I got home it had over 21 pairs of vintage knitting needles in it.  Plus some crochet hooks and lots more miscellaneous knitting items.  Let's just say that all that is already on Ebay.  I also found Mark a hawaiian shirt for $1 and me a pair of shorts for $1...they are the perfect fit and cute.

Then it was off to my favorite thrift store...Whispering Pines.  I bought a Disney clock for .50...a great bargain and it looks brand new....Ebay item.

I found scrapbook scissors at .50 each and  bought 3 pair...you never know when you will need these.  I found boxes of nails and screws for .50 to $1 and these are expensive when you go to the home improvement stores.   I found baby vtech cartridges for .35 each...Ebay item.

I also found 2 things that I have been looking for....a white pair of sandals (been too cheap to buy at the store...all the ones I saw were over $20)and I have been wanting the Pampered Chef cheese grater ($19.50).  I got a pair of white Naturalizer sandals for $1 and the brand new in the box Pampered Chef cheese grater for $2.  I was so excited.

This was just a whirlwind trip today....totally unexpected.  Wasn't planned, but I love how God let me get things I needed and wanted at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment