About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, June 6, 2011

Exactly Where is That???

Today as I was packing up my Ebay items, I ran across a place I had never heard of before.  Le Roy, New York.  Not exactly a place that you think about when you when you think of New York state.  Which brings me to the point of this blog.  You ask a northern where they are from and you get these answers, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and my favorite is Upstate New York.  Now here is my question when I hear this answer's....where are you from????  I want location, location, location.  I want to know not only the state you are from, but what city and maybe the street name that you grew up on.  Because if you ask a Southern where we are from....get ready to sit back and listen for a spell.  Not only will we tell you the state, city and street, but we will tell you our neighbors name and who they are kin to in our town.  We are proud of where we come from, and we will tell you exactly how to find us. 





We will proudly tell you just how to get to our house.  Labeling everything that you see along the way.  Such as, you will know you are heading in the right direction when you see Farmer Brown's big red barn.  You know his barn burned 10 years ago during a thunderstorm...lightning hit it, but he built it back bigger and brighter than ever.



Now about a mile or so after you pass that pretty red barn, you will see a big ole' tree, and I mean a big tree.  They say that tree is over 200 years old, but I don't know...that is just hear say.  You will want to start slowing down at this point.



Now start looking for the next dirt road to your right.   You will come up on it fast, so keep it slow and your eyes peeled to the right. There is a car shed where you will turn, so you really you can't miss it.  Ms. Dob's parks her car under there that she never drives.  Her spinster sister comes and gets her and takes her everywhere she wants to go, but she insists on keeping her car, just incase she does need to drive.  Personally, I don't think she even has a driver license. 

You go down that road about a half a mile and we live at the end of it.  This land has been in our family over 100 years.  I inherited from my daddy, who got it from his daddy, and I will pass it on to my kids.  You will know it is us because you will see our boat in the yard.  I bought that boat from my neighbor's nephew a year back at a steal.

While this has been a fictitious story, it so true in many ways.  As Southerns we will lead you right to our front door.  We are proud of where we come from, and the stories that accompany these directions.  The next time someone ask where you are from....at least give us a city and a state.  Help a Southern out!!!

I wrote this blog a few days back and just saved it as a draft for some reason.  Here is the funny part.  I asked a lady where she was from....her answer...Upstate New York!!! You gonna love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment