About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, June 10, 2011

Farmer's Market!!!

Yesterday proved to be a stormy day, so I set off to find me some adventures. I was going to Mark's aunts to swim, but when it is thundering and lightning...I don't go.  I went to the Farmer's Market here in Moore County.  What great goodies I found, and at very reasonable prices.  I love buying from local people.  Most things at the market were organic as well.

 Lot of neat things at the Moore County Farmer's Market.


I got some brown eggs from Bonlee Grown Farm.  While they are more known for their flowers, their free range eggs looked great.  They also have jams.  Amy and Ray Sugg are the owners.  Located near Bear Creek, NC.  Bear Creek is where the fruit cake plant is located, if you have ever been to that.

 These are the gorgeous eggs that I got from Bonlee Grown Farm.

 One of their plants...it is gorgeous.

They have the ornamental pepper plants.  These are the plants that are planted around the traffic circle.  They are beautiful when the peppers turn yellow, red and orange.  I wish I had room to plant more things, because I would have gotten some of these.

There was a lady there selling bread from Our Daily Bread.  She has all kinds of bread.  Her booth looked so yummy.  I got the Multi-Grain Bread...a mini loaf.  I know myself too well to get the big loaves.  They also buy from local farmers to make their breads...kind of like Sandhills Farm to Table, where people help the local farmers in their community.  I will do the Farm to Table again this fall.  I loved getting all those veggies in the fall.  I pick the fall to do because I think it is a better deal, fall vegetables are more expensive than summer one's in the store.

 She had all kinds of bread.  I saw some with raisins and apples...don't they look yummy?

This is the mini loaf that I got.  Can't wait to try it!!!

I went to this booth that had the most gorgeous cut flowers.  You could buy a pre-arranged bouquet or individual flowers to make your own bouquet.  Not bad deals either.  I bought individual, because I saw two flowers that I really liked.  Not an organized farm, but a man and lady who love to grow flowers.

 I got the Irish Bells and Hydrangea's.  I love this bouquet, and it only cost me $3.50.  Now that is a deal.

Aren't the Irish Bell's beautiful?  I had never seen these before.


 He also sold vegetables out of their garden.

Such vibrant beautiful flowers.

I had such fun picking out a few things for us to eat.  I also tried a new thing.  I got fresh basil to cook with this weekend.  I loved my little trip to the Farmer's Market.  I may make it a weekly trip.

 I got some pepper, zucchini and sunburst or yellow scallop squash.  I have never had the sunburst before, but I am going to chop them up and put them in a salad.

The fresh basil that I got.  Going to use it in a marinade that I want to try this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Is that the one at the armory? We used to go as they were packing up, they would give us a great deal on their flowers because by that time they were wilting or just not going to make it to be sold elsewhere. They perk right back up in the a/c and water though! :)

    ReplyDelete