About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, June 17, 2011

Lost Art!!!

I was reading in a magazine a few weeks back about how card sells were on the decline.  They went on to say that this was everyday cards, and not special occasions.  I know one card that is probably on the decline, and that is a "Thank You" card.  I rarely get one of these anymore.  There are some like my friend, Amanda Talbert, who is thoughtful to send one, but most...not so much.

I am talking about when you mail some one a gift or you drop it off at the shower or take to a wedding.  You are not sure if they got it, and will never know because they don't send a card or even acknowledge to your face that they got the gift.


I have sent numerous gifts over the years to showers that I could not attend or took the gift to the actual wedding and never heard a word from the newly married couple or the expectant parents.  I have often wondered why they pick someone to write down everything they got and who it came from, because they are not going to send you a thank you. 

If I take the time to go to the store and pull off your registry and spend time picking just the right thing (and also something you have asked for), don't you think I deserve a thank you....just as a common courtesy?? 

I always try to send thank you notes, even for the little things people do for me or give to me.  Just the way I was raised.  It is sad to me that this is quickly becoming a lost art in our society.

As I was writing this blog, I my friend posted a note to me on Facebook thanking me for a card that I sent her son...maybe thanking people is not so much a lost art, but maybe doing it differently in a techno world.

1 comment:

  1. We were discussing this with Stephen's brother and sister a few weeks ago. They are 18 years old (twins) and just graduated high school. His brother never sends thank you cards and his sister said she will just thank people on Facebook. Haha, oh the age of technology! I will keep my pen and paper thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete