About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, July 1, 2011

I've Lost it!!!

This summer has been wonderful so far.  At the beginning of June, I joined Weight Watchers.  My goal was not only to lose weight, but to start having a healthier lifestyle.  I lost almost 6 lbs the first few weeks, then on week three...I gained 1.5 lbs.  I felt disgusted and also a little confused, but also relieved.  I was relieved because if I was doing something wrong...I needed to know, and quick.  My instructor sat down with me and went over the plan with me very carefully.  I saw several factors that played a part in the gain that week.  I went home feeling reassured and confident that I could lose more weight.  I weighed in yesterday and I lost...8.8 lbs in a week.  That brought be to a total of 12.11 lbs for the month.  I was ecstatic...my goal was 12 lbs a month (my reward is a pedicure).  I have felt the best I have felt in such a long time.  Whether the scales are my friend or not, eating healthier has just been a blessing.  I am wearing clothes that I couldn't last year, and I went down a size in shirts this past week.
I bought this shirt last year on the red dot sale...I couldn't wear it.  I wore it on Father's Day.

Weight Watchers not only has helped me lose weight, but it has opened up a new world to me.  I am visiting Farmer's Markets and produce stands now.  Not in drudgery, but in delight.  My favorite thing is picking out new vegetables to try.  I grilled egg plant this past week and green tomatoes.  YUM!!!  I am now allowing something else to fill my head beside food and where I will eat.  More activity is done and I am exhausted afterwards.  I can only imagine how I will feel when more weight comes off.

I have been blessed with friends and family that let me come and swim (or float) in their pool this summer.  I started out just floating around and soaking up the rays, but lately I have been jogging around in the shallow end getting my exercise.  I think this has helped me a lot.

 Mark's, Aunt Sybil's pool...my Moore County pool...LOL


Always my Aunt Carolyn's pool anytime I want to go.  I love swimming there.

Connie's pool...my at home pool...LOL


These are all my yummy veggies and fruits that I have gotten at the Farmer's Market.  3 months ago you probably wouldn't have seen me there too many times.  I was more meat and potatoes...and all veggies fried.  I have learned that grilled or sauteed is so good. Farmer's Market is a real treat to go to each week.



This is another treat for myself...a bouquet of flowers.  I get a bouquet every week at the Farmer's Market.  I treat myself to flowers instead of an ice cream or candy.  Makes my house look good.

I loved these snapdragons.

The hydrangea and Irish bells are a favorite of mine.

Sunflowers always look so happy and cheerful.

This has been my summer so far.  Trying to get healthier and live a better and fit life.  Please say a prayer for me as my journey in getting the skinny woman inside me to come out has just begun.

3 comments:

  1. Well I am really proud of you Tracey! One reason I love the food co-op is because I am determined to live a healthier lifestyle so I can be healthy when our kids are older. And they will eat pretty much whatever we put in front of them! It makes me feel so much better to eat fresh and I love buying local!

    And, FUNNY story! I actually just met Sybil Garner the other day at Classy Paci!! We talked for a while, especially when she found out I am the famous Ken Loyd's daughter, lol! She was SO sweet and I can't believe what a small world it is! Next time she comes in when I am working I will tell her the connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl! you're inspiring and reminding me that i need to get my butt in gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked the best time of year to start losing weight! Not only is it easier to be active when you're not wearing 16 layers of clothes, but as you've found out, the fresh produce is so abundant. We have a thriving garden patch out back; so far, we've enjoyed a LOT of tomato-based dishes. LOL. We might be sharing some with y'all; the watermelons are particularly abundant.

    ReplyDelete