About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summertime Yummy!!!

There are lots of things that I love about summertime.  If you know anything about me, you know that I love to go to the pool or the beach.  Also, I love watermelon!!!  Although watermelon ended up not being my friend at Weight Watchers one week.  Ate too much watermelon that day, and gained.  UGH!!! I especially love all the vegetables and fruits that are so plentiful this time of year.

 Some fresh okra is always a treat for me in the summertime.

Do you see the size of this tomato??  What a beauty!!!

I found this tomato at Thomas Tomatoes located on highway 53 out of Burgaw.  They are only $1.25 lb or $15 for a box.  A slice of this tomato will cover a piece of bread for a delicious tomato sandwich.  Now if you are reading this, and you haven't ever eaten a tomato sandwich....then you are not from the South.  LOL  Get some bread, a nice ripen tomato, salt and pepper and some mayonnaise.  It is good enough to feed the Prince and Princess if they come by your house on their USA tour. 

While I love lots of the veggies this time of the year, I mean I have eaten lots of squash, zucchini, eggplant, corn, cucumbers and peppers this year.  I will say that okra and tomatoes are my favorite.  Tomatoes might be my favorite this year.  I especially love to cook tomatoes and okra together.  I did this last night and added some corn in with it...it was Summertime Yummy!!!

If you aren't a big vegetable eater, then summertime is the perfect time to try them.  They are fresh and in season and their true flavor comes through.  Find a road side produce stand or a Farmer's Market in your area and taste some Summertime Yummy vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment