About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flashback!!!

Today found me at Wrightsville Beach.  As I sat there waiting for my friend, Beth to join me, I was taken back to 25 years ago. 

Beth and I spent countless hours down at Wrightsville Beach growing up.  We always went to the same spot...beside Crystal Pier.  Today was no different, but things at the beach sure have changed.

 While the pier is still there, it is now a restaurant, The Oceanic.  No more going up to the pier to use the bathroom or to get a drink or burger.  I won't get into how much the charge for parking has changed, but I used a debit card instead of quarters today. LOL 
I sat there watching the waves crash wondering just where time had gone.  I am sitting on the beach as a 40 year old feeling giddy like a 16 year old to see my old friend and catch up on life.  Beth tops the access and we launch into laughter and talking all at the same time.  Catching up is great.  I mentioned to her that we hadn't changed that much...still sitting in the same spot at the beach.  We talk about how time has flown and how did we get to be our parents age.  We soon settle into catching each other up in what is going on in our lives.  I can't speak for Beth, but I still see the 16 year old Beth who drove me everywhere the summer  before my freshman year as we caught up today.  It was like a flashback and like time had stood still today.  It is easier to go to the beach as you get older...you are not there to impress.  I remember all those pain staking  hours of getting ready...just incase you saw someone you wanted to impress.  UGH!! The teenage years!!! Don't like getting old, but wouldn't want to go back for nothing.  I love being married and the life I have...it is nice to have a soulmate that always loves you.
 I was so happy with my toes in the sand.  I am really a beach bum at heart.  Our time was cut a little short because of a rain storm.  We said our goodbyes and hopped in our cars.  I left to go to get a pedicure....my reward to myself for reaching my goal of losing at least 12 pounds the first month.
 My cute french manicure that I got on my toes...my real reward...mom and dad paid for the pedicure.  Next goal is to have lost a total of 24 pounds...my reward...a massage.  Only about 10 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment