About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heat, Generous Bounty & Goodbye!!!

For once the weatherman got it right, and I wished he had gotten it wrong.  He said that it would be a scorcher today (this blog was started on Tuesday), and he was right.  At one time it read 102 degrees on our thermometer...that is in the shade.  One of our A/C units isn't working quite right, so never the less...we had to jump on that situation.  Sleeping in an 85 degrees bedroom wouldn't be happening, and I would be so ill....I know that you can't imagine that....LOL

We have had so many people to be generous this year with their gardens.  They have shared with us, and boy have we enjoyed all the goodies.
Mike and Barbara shared their corn with
 us.
Mrs. Rooks shared her delicious tomatoes with us.

After getting home, Marla sent me a text wanting to know if I wanted some okra and cucumbers.  Boy were they yummy.  Everyone has shared so much with us this year.  Our bucket yard has produced lots of grape tomatoes, bell peppers and banana peppers...but nothing else.  Thankful that we have nice neighbors who share their bounty.

We said goodbye to "Fred the Crackhead Poodle" this week.  This is my hair dresser's dog, and I have always loved hearing her Fred stories...he was a funny dog.

Goodbye Fred...I miss hearing about all your adventures!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment