About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dinner on the Grounds!!

Charles Kuralt did a segment about dinner on the grounds on the NC is My Home video many years ago. I am talking about real dinner on the grounds. Not people crowded up in a fellowship hall, but everyone out in the open air shooing flies and watching the kids run and play. Today was homecoming at our church, and that is just what we had...dinner on the grounds. Out under our picnic shelter and big bright tents that were erected. Fried chicken piled high, huge pots of chicken and pastry, fried okra, casseroles of every kind, mounds of potato salad and more desserts than I could count. As good as the food was today, the fellowship amongst God's people was even sweeter. We gathered outside after hearing a soul stirring message (if your soul wasn't stirred...check it). New people joining the church. Oh yes, it was a good day. A celebration, a gathering...no, a homecoming. There is nothing quite like a homecoming at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment