About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, October 4, 2010

Catching Up!!!

We left on September 24th to go home and celebrate our 18th anniversary.  We went to church that morning, then it was off to The Melting Pot at 12 for our celebration.  We both enjoyed it, although you have to cook your own food.  We chose the Big Night Out that had the lobster...I had never had lobster except in lobster cakes.  We also chose the fiesta cheese fondue and the snicker bar chocolate for dessert.  Our server, Marie, was very nice and tentative to us.  They seat you in a very private booth, which I loved.  We loved it and would go back.  Except next time I think that we will just get the entree...4 courses is way too much. 
We took our own picture with the blackberry

 Cooking our vegetables and meat
Our cheese fondue

                                                          The Snickers Chocolate
Dipping a strawberry


Monday the 27th started with the torrential downpour.  It rained so hard and for so long all week.  We hit a puddle on Monday and the force of the water knocked a belt off our van.  Pictures say more than I could about this flooding...except fire ants tried to take up residency in our house.
 our back yard
 our side yard about 2 minutes before the next photo below was taken
our side yard
 down the street
a house down the street

We finally made it back to Moore County on Sunday October 3rd.  After trying to figure out how to get here as there were reports of roads closed everywhere.  I started today off by going and doing some couponing.
This was my Rite Aid purchases.  I used several wellness $, or whatever they are called, plus I had some save $5 off YNO.  After all coupons were used, I spent a big whooping $4.91.  I also received $13.50 in Wellness $, or whatever they are called.


This was my Walgreens purchase, except my ink cartridge is missing (I put it up before the picture)...which I had a coupon to get free.  The Reynold's Wrap ended up being .14 each after their coupon and my manufacturing coupon.  The razors were free as well as the V8 juice.  I spent $2.06 at Walgreens for all this and the ink cartridge.  I did use some Register Rewards, plus I received $12 in Register Rewards to use another time.  These were coupons that I bought off Ebay, and they came from up north and CA...they have bigger amounts off on their coupons.  The V8 coupons were $2.50 off one and I had 2 of those and Walgreens had it 2/$5.  That might be an advantage to buying coupons off Ebay.  I plan to make another run this week, so I can use my RR, before I lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment