About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WOW!!! REALLY!!!

Several weeks ago, I went to a yard sale and bought some baby toys. I had planned on putting these in the box at Mark's parents house for the great grands. I did put a few in there, but decided to sell the rest on Ebay. In this lot of toys(ages 6 months & up), there were a few Disney, Fisher Price, Playwell and a lot of no name brands. I paid $8 for all the toys even the few I put in the toy bucket. I thought if I just double my money, I would be happy. Then I did calculating shipping (you put in how much it weighs & it calculates for the zip code of the customer), and I was shocked to see that to ship it within my own zip code was almost $8. I figured that I would ever double my money with shipping being so high (those toys weighed a lot). The bidding on the toys ended today and they sold for (drum roll please) $40.99. I couldn't believe it. There were over a dozen toys in this lot. They are in very excellent used condition, some looked brand new. Altogether the buyer is paying a little over $51 for these toys. Which I found out is a real bargain...one toy retails for $20 by itself. I am teaching a class on how to sell on Ebay soon at my church, so if you are planning on attending get in that attic and see what you have. You never know how much someone is willing to pay for your nice junk...I mean stuff. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Tracey, I would love to learn to sell on eBay. Will you be teaching another class anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete