About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Savings + Birthday!!!

Now I have become obsessed with coupons. I went to Dollar General this weekend and bought only cleaning supplies. I saved $22.50. I now have lots of washing detergent, softener, dish detergent and air freshener. Then I went to the grocery store for milk, and ribeyes were on sale; so I bought some. Since I had already broke my challenge of not shopping this month, I decided to shop a little. I saved $29.45 in coupons at Food Lion. I used my internet coupons with no problem. Okay, now I am on a roll.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Since one of her presents from me and Mark was a gift card from Belk's, I thought we would go shopping before dinner. Once again, the Red Dot sale didn't disappoint. Mom found lots of things as well as myself. I do think that Belk's in SP had marked things down cheaper than in Wilmington. Don't be fooled, that didn't stop me from buying. I found a cute pair of sandals that were regular $39.00, but rang up $2.98 (I had to double check my receipt). I got Mark tee shirts for less than $3. I was definitely in my element.

After shopping we took mom to Midtown Seafood (her choice), and I was glad. We ate an undisclosed amount of crab legs. She and I already planned on getting the crab legs, and they were so yummy. Key Lime pie for dessert finished us off.

It was a great birthday celebration that was full of savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment