About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heritage!!!

I have spent the better part of the day scanning pictures. I scanned a lot of Mark's baby's pictures today, so I can make him a childhood book. I also scanned pictures of my family. These were old pictures, and some really told a story. I loved not only looking at the people in the photos, but also the surroundings in the photo. There were old cars, tobacco fields, hand pumps and beloved pets. My biggest regret is that I was too young to take advantage of their stories. I love listening to stories of the olden days. I am not sure that I would have made it living back then. I love the internet and AC. I love the closeness of family and neighbors helping neighbors back then. I scanned several pictures of my great grandmother today. I was only 8 when she died, too young to relish in her stories. She was born in the 1800's, and I would love to hear how she dealt with technology changing. We each have a heritage that we are proud of. I am just trying to preserve mine through pictures and what stories I do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment