About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bargains Everywhere!!

Yesterday was my great day of bargain hunting.  I started off at the Whispering Pines Thrift store, where I spent a cool $6.  I got Mark 2 Ralph Lauren shirts (they look brand new), a brand new ice cream scoop, New Mary Kay Cleanser, 2 new bottles of Clinque Clarifying lotion, toddler shoes, a cookbook, 2 mysteries and a box of cards.  The Mary Kay Cleanser, Clinque lotion and toddler shoes are all on Ebay. 

Toddler Shoes...for a quarter
Clinque Clairfying Lotion...20 cents
                                            Mary Kay Cleanser....$1


Then it was off to Walgreens where I had some coupons from their flier and some that I printed off the internet this morning.  My challenge this month was not to go grocery shopping, and so far I haven't been in the grocery store, so technically I think that I am still okay. 
These are the items I got at Walgreens.  Somehow, I got the reuse bag free...not sure why though.   Every thing was free after coupons and register rewards except one roll of tape.  My final bill was $1.06.  Plus I got $3 in register rewards.  I even got me some more tabs to organize my coupons in this load.  I am pretty much stocked up on packaging tape now....I have 10 rolls. LOL

After leaving Walgreens, I decided to stop in at Belk's....so glad I did.  They went to 80% off today in Southern Pines.  I had blouses ringing up $1.98 and skirts for $4.98.  I spent a total of  $31.72 and saved $354.65.  I got 5 blouses and 2 skirts.  I would show you a picture, but they have already been packed.  My Pender County friends, you will see these clothes at church the next several Sundays.  LOL  I was so excited as the cashier rang my items up...she kept shouting, "oh my, that was only $1.98."  She was kind of more excited than me at some point.

All in all, not a bad day in my shopping word and I didn't break my challenge and go grocery shopping.   Can't wait to see how much my finds will make me on Ebay...will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment