About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trying it Again!!!

Coupons!!! I know they work, Amanda is living proof they work. I mean how else can you get $160 worth of items for less than a quarter. Even this past week I bought 5 bottles of dish detergent, 1 bottle of washing detergent and 1 bottle of fabric softener for $3.75 after coupons. These items would have normally cost me $17.35 without the coupons. So you see, I know using coupons work to save money. I just don't keep this strategy of saving money very long. Anywho, now for my big news. I am buying a binder and sheet pockets (or whatever the heck they are called. I know them when I see them) and start organizing my coupons. I ran into a couple of chicks (Angie & Kelly, I thought chicks made us sound cool) from my church at CVS this week. She had her binder out all organized and looked ready to attack those bargains. So I decided to quit stalling and get organized to save some money. I have a whole month since I am not going to the grocery store the whole month of September. I doubt I will keep that challenge (I will let you know when I break down). So wish me luck as I save tons of money on groceries and other items.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You can do it, you just have to find a system that works for you and makes your life EASIER not more of a hassle. :) Also I am excited to see how your other challenge goes. If you didn't know there are lots of websites out there that participate in something similar - Eat From the Pantry challenge. You may want to google that to find recipes, tips, advice, etc. Can't wait to see how this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete