About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Filled to the Rim!!!

This past week, I have been couponing like crazy with Harris Teeter doing super doubles. My coupon queens have taught me well. I have a refrigerator full of yogurt that I got free. My pantry is so full that I am going to have to put some canned goods in a tote. Besides saving money, I am trying to get stocked up for the winter. We don't go out and eat much in the winter. We stay home and eat lots of soup. Also, I didn't want to have a big grocery bill around the holidays. Our finally tally this week is that we spent $100 for $402 worth of groceries. I even did well at Food Lion this week with using my coupons at face value. Some things were at a close out price and using the coupon at face value made it free. I am going to give some to the food bank. I don't like some stuff I got, but it was free. I also found out today that Food Lion pulls produce that is going out of date, and donates it to our local soup kitchen. That is wonderful. I am a novice when it comes to couponing, but I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment