About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, August 12, 2011

Struggles!!!

As of this blog...I am down 28 lbs.  I seem to have stopped losing, and I am trying to rearrange my menu and my exercise routine start an exercise routine.  I am going to try and look at some gym's this week...schedule permitting.  Excuses are building as I hate to exercise, but I want to be healthy...exercising is a big part of being healthy. 

It has not been easy these last 10 weeks, but the end result has been worth it.  I have kept a journal since beginning Weight Watcher's on June 2nd.  I note the times I feel hungry and what is happening in my life at that moment.  I am trying to get to the root of my eating.  So far, I am hungry at night from the hours of 7 pm to 10 pm...and nothing significant is happening during those hours.  I am not upset, happy, gotten bad news or anything I can pinpoint this hunger to. I have narrowed the hunger down to four contributing factors.  1) I really am hungry...probably not  2) boredom...which may be it...because if we are busy or off doing something then I am not hungry   3) habit...I snack while I read and watch TV, so this may have to be a habit that I break 4) medicine....I still take cancer treatments which also treat anorexia patients.  I take this after dinner, so this could be making me hungry.  I am going to try several things this coming week to see if I can combat the hunger and not sway into my value points for the week every night.  If I am going to dip into those babies, I want it to be for something good.  I do encourage you to keep a journal as you lose weight...it helps to see where you make mistakes and where you soared.

2 comments:

  1. I read one time that when you're not getting enough sleep your body sends you hunger signals. Sometimes I know that happens to me when I have stayed up way too late but I know I've only eaten a couple of hours ago and really don't need to eat at 1:00 in the morning!! I'm sure this is nothing scientific though, just something I remembered from somewhere. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tracey! Dont get discouraged we all go through plateaues when trying to lose weight. You are doing great by keeping the journal and looking to add more exercise. I look forward to hearing how things jump start soon!

    Travis

    ReplyDelete