About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm A Cowgirl...almost!!!

If you know anything about me, you know that the country way of life is a dream for me, but not a reality.  Mainly because I am not really a country girl at heart.  In some ways I am...well, really I like reading about it...not actually living it.  I may actually be more of visit a farm/ranch for a day kind of girl.  As you see exhibit A below...you have got to realize that farm is not really in my vocabulary.

 
Honestly, do these shoes look like they belong on a farm/ranch??? I think not!!  These are my latest show biz shoes.  I wear them to do my comedy routine or emcee an event.  I have the purse to match as well.  Now, I guess you see why I say that the country life might not be for me....totally!!  Most people wonder how I walk in them, but they are not that hard, and I feel right at home in them.  I am definitely a blingy type person...enter into evidence exhibit B.

 
This is my 20th anniversary present.  I have worn it with things it don't even match because I love it so much.  Not exactly farm wear or something you would pick up at the Big Blue Store.

Now enter into evidence exhibit C...and you will see where the almost part comes into play.

 
I've got cowgirl boots!!!  Now, I will confess that at first the only reason I wanted these was because I was emceeing a Country Christmas event.  I like to dress along with the theme.  Here is the best part....I LOVE THEM!!!  The first day they arrived, I told Mark that I was going to go put on my cowgirl boots, and he said, "no you're not, it's 12 midnight and we are in the bed."  Needless to say, the next morning found me clomping around in my gown with cowgirl boots on (sorry no photo of that).  I wore them shopping with my jeans and the most western shirt I have without wearing the one I will wear to the event.  We went to Longhorn for lunch where I thought my boots made me a little more worthy to be in the western themed restaurant.  Now, don't go saddling up the horse yet....still scared of them....that has not changed, but I LOVE MY BOOTS!!! A little Texas might be in me yet.  My cousin lives in Texas and told me to come on over and be a real cowgirl...I said that I might have to come over a take over as the big oil tycoon since we said good-bye to JR Ewing this week.

Larry Hagman...the best villain on TV!!!
 
Wouldn't you know it, now that I got my cowgirl boots this series will probably be cancelled or it won't be as good.  Now I just need to the hat and I will be set to go to Dallas...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment