About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, January 24, 2011

Rocky Point vs Rocky Top!!!

For months me and our Associate Pastor's wife, Bethany, have been trash talking each other on Facebook about who is the ultimate Yahtzee champ.  We decided to have game night at their house one Saturday night.  Let me say that I call Bethany, Rocky Top, because she is from Tennessee...didn't want you confused.  I'll admit that I was a little nervous, because most of the trash talk had come from me.  LOL  I am very competitive, but not a sore loser...just a rub it in your face kind of winner.  Mark and I get pizza and off we go to Brock and Bethany's.  They have 3 adorable children, so we are not without presents to keep little ones occupied while I whip up on their parents.  Bethany already had this part figured out as well...movie and popcorn.  Dinner was delicious...pizza and her girls made some taco dip (delicious) and she had the best dessert ever.  First of all, let me say that when I came in...she had Rocky Top playing.   I was not intimidated one bit, then she brought out this University of Tennessee cup out that her head could fit in...still not intimidated.  I was here to bring Rocky Top down (trash talk still going on LOL).  Lindsey came over to play with us, and maybe to console Bethany afterwards.  I was concerned a tad on the first game when I didn't get my bonus at the top.  Then the dice rolled out of my hands like I was in Vegas.  Only I was at the Tharpe's house, and what happens there...doesn't stay there.  I walked away the Yahtzee Champion!!! Although they didn't have me a trophy handy, that is okay...I can buy one.  Rocky Top went down, but not without a good fight.  All kidding aside, we had a great time with them.  It was so much fun, that we declared we had to have monthly game night.  I promise that to beat ya every time.  LOL

 I think they brought the children out hoping to distract me or something...DIDN'T HAPPEN!!
 Deacon gives me his winning smile, but I press on to WIN!!!
 Brock tries for a Yahtzee...FAIL!!
 Bethany shakes those dice hard for a Yahtzee...NOT!!!
 Rocky Point is not intimidated by Rocky Tops tricks.
 Tallying those losing scores!!!
 My first Yahtzee of the night!!!
Another Yahtzee for the YAHTZEE QUEEN!!!

We did have the best time with The Tharpe's and with Lindsey.  We will have to do this again.  I will try not to rub it in so bad every time I win.  LOL  Thank you guys for having us over.  Thanks for the laughter and the friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment