About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW!!

Yesterday, we were suppose to get a light dusting of snow....NOT!! 8 inches here at our house and then last night ice on top of that.  Very pretty to look at, but I don't get out in it anymore.  We just go on the porch and take pictures.  No snowman making for us.  Just enjoyed the snow from inside.  I have cooked...a lot.  We have played games, played on the computer, watched TV and slept.  I think that we really needed the sleeping part.
 At times it looked like a white out at our house.  This picture was taken after it had only been snowing about 30 minutes.
 There were apples and orange slices on the picnic table for the birds, but the snow quickly covered them up.
 Our feathered friends brave the weather for some seeds.
A beautiful cardinal comes to feed.
Maybe he is sitting on top to get a "bird's eye" view.
 I love the way the snow looks in pines.
 This is my favorite picture of the snow.  Such purity and peace when I look at this picture.
Our bird haven...the feeders, bird bath and houses.
It snowed another 3 hours after this picture was taken.
My gazing ball sporting a snow hat.

I love the snow, and don't have cabin fever.  This is good because according to the weather man, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment