About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time Marches On!!!

In just 14 short days, the phrase "39 and holding" will have new meaning to me.  I don't think that I will be holding on too strongly (after a while you look ridiculous).  I have dreaded this upcoming birthday all year long for some reason or another.  40 somehow seems to say old or at least something negative to me.  Then as the time approaches closer, it doesn't seem to bother me as bad.  Maybe this is because in the last 3 weeks someone thought I was around 30 or 32 (and these people were not bribed either. LOL).  Now they could have been lying, but I will take it any day of the week.  I have been told that age is only a number...and I guess that is true.  I have small goals set before me to accomplish this coming year...the year that I embrace 40 and make it the best year ever.  You might as well embrace it, because it is going to come; and I had rather face it with a good attitude than a bad one.  If you are going to turn 40, at least you don't have to look 40.  But what does 40 really look like???  I see people all the time who are probably 40 or older and they don't look it.  What is age really?  The amount of years you have spent on this earth.  I had rather people talk about what I did with my life rather than my age, and when they talk; I hope they think that I have touched other people's lives for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment