About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Servant!!

 Tonight at church, we had a Deacon Ordination Service,  This was a very special service for us.  Mark was ordained into the Gospel Ministry on November 29, 1992.  That was just 2 months after we were married and it was on his 33rd birthday.  Tonight he was ordained as a deacon at Riley's Creek Baptist Church.  We have now been married 18 years and he is 51 years old.  God has led us into a different aspect of ministry for the time being.  To be a servant and serve along side our pastor to minister to the needs of the people of our church.  We have both been honored that the congregation of RCBC elected Mark to serve in this role.  What a great honor for people to entrust this office in the church to you.  I love the fact that RCBC does the Deacon Family Ministry.  We have 16 families that were given to us to minister to, and to help with their needs.  We look forward to getting to know our families.  Most of our families go to the second service, while we go to the early service.  We look forward to helping with the growth and the needs of our church. 
 Mark and Tracey Garner, Deacon Ordination January 23, 2011 at
 Riley's Creek Baptist Church
 Jody, Felicia, Chase and Mati McPherson
 Ronnie and Melinda Horton
 Bobby and Sandra Green
Mark and Pastor Herchenhahn
The corsage that the church gave me as a deacon's wife

There were five men ordained tonight, Dannie Rivenbark was the other man.  His wife Patsy was my second grade teacher (got away before I got a photo).   I loved the prayer that our Associate Pastor, Brock offered.  It was just touching and started the water works with me.  I loved how Pastor Herchenhahn emphasised how this office was a team effort.  That is the way our ministry as Pastor has always been.  We work together to serve the people.  This truly was a touching service.  When the other deacons came to pray over Mark, they included me...that touched me.  It is nice to know people are praying for you.  May we serve the congregation of RCBC with love, compassion and always with a Christ like spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment