About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

THE BIG ONE!!!


I was totally shocked this past Saturday as I walked into our church fellowship hall.  I walked in totally expecting to go to a friend's birthday bash.  Instead, I found out that I was at my own 40th Surprise Party.  In spite of the dreary horrible weather, lots of people came out to help me celebrate this milestone.  I hadn't even thought about a party.  I thought that me and some of my friends would get together and do lunch on my birthday, which by the way was yesterday.  It was a great festive celebration complete with a great meal.  Lots of well wishes, cards and gifts.  My parents and some ladies at church really pulled one on me. 

Then on Sunday night, Mark and I went to Nikki's Steakhouse and Sushi to celebrate this BIG time just a little more.  The waitress bought me fried cheese cake with a sparkler in it.  She would not sing to me though.

Monday found me at the mall to get my massage, my present from Mark.  Heather spent an hour making me totally relax and release stress and knotted muscles.  It was a great massage, and something I now what to do once a week. LOL  After my great massage, Mark and I went out to celebrate a little more with Fish and Chips at the Fox and Hound....delish!!

Tuesday was the official big day.  I started the day off at Scrunch Hair Salon getting highlights and hoping  to look a little younger. LOL  My parents along with my aunt and uncle and Mark celebrated my official birthday dinner at Midtown Seafood...my choice.  I had crab legs and oysters.  Everything was great.  I didn't officially turn 40 until 8:48 PM last night.  That is the time I was born 40 years ago.  My dad use to pick on me growing up and tell me that I wasn't official until that time.  When you are 10 or 16 you don't want to hear that, but at 40 I gladly waited to be officially 40 until 8:48 last night.  Watch out 40's here I come!!!
My big 40 balloon.


                                     My official 40th Birthday picture.
 Crab legs for my 40th birthday dinner.
 And oysters for the birthday girl.
 My sundae!!
I love the napkin at my surprise party!!
Heather, who gave me the best massage ever.
Thanks Mark for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment