About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Last One!!!

Frank Buckles turns 110 year old today.  WOW!!!  What is more amazing is that he is last surviving  American veteran of WWI.  He currently lives in Charles Town, WV and lives independantly.  He still drives...not sure how well, but he is able to care for himself and get around.  What a blessing is that?  He lied to get into service at the age of 16.  He was captured by the Japanese in the 40's and spent 3 and half years in a prisoner of war camp.  While in the prison camp, he became malnourished and weighed under 100 pounds.  He served in the army for 28 years.  Today, I salute Mr. Buckles on his service to our country and fighting for us.

 Frank Buckles at age 16.
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. BUCKLES!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

No comments:

Post a Comment