About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Journey!!!

I started a new page on Facebook called The Journey.  It is a page dedicated to those who are on a weight loss journey or a lifestyle change journey.  You hate to call it a diet now days.  I have struggled with weight for at least the last 20 years.  I would lose 30 lbs and gain 50 lbs back.  My weight was up and down when I went to the doctor.  One time I would have lost 10 lbs the next time I had gained 8 lbs.  Never consistant in my lifestyle of eating.  Being married to a pastor didn't help matters....churches love to eat.  Also, my Southern heritage was a problem...southerns fix every problem with food, every celebration with food, every milestone with food and  "Y'all come over and we'll cook something up good."

So I start Weight Watchers in June of 2011.  To date I have lost 40 lbs.  Not exactly flying off, but it slowly leaves...it didn't jump on all at once.  I am a work in progress, and I have down falls (like cheetos), but I do try to turn bad habits into good.  No more fried foods, lots of veggies and fruits and no more mindless calories (still working on the cheetos part) and I am trying hard to implement dairy into my diet.  I am happy with my weight loss even if another pound didn't come off, and some days I think it just might not. LOL  I feel a hundred times better....I can walk and not give out of breath.  I can bend and squat lots better.  Over all better feeling.

I tell people that I am no expert when it comes to maintaining a weight loss page, but I will cheer you to death.  I did find out early in our ministry that if I don't posses any other gift in the world, I am an encourager.  I am not an eloquent speaker or the best suited to teach, but I will make you feel special and let you know you can accomplish anything you set your mind too. 

The journey continues and will probably never end for me.  I struggle day to day just like everyone else.  I learned at Weight Watchers that when you do mess up you don't need to wait until tomorrow or next week to get back on track...get back on track with your next meal.

If you are on Facebook, and you are walking this journey along come and join our page...we would love to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment