About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, January 16, 2012

New Phone Mishaps!!!

I spent most of Friday afternoon with a wonderful employee of US Cellular named, Ruth Graham....no relation to Rev. Billy Graham or Rev. J. Billy Graham in Moore County (I asked).  I finally took the plunge and got a smart phone.  How ironic that a dummy got a smart phone.  Ruth took time and showed me how to use it, but my ADD/HD kicked in during instruction time....They have a plant that has lots of dead leaves on it and they are falling all over the carpet.  Okay, so that is why I don't know how to use my phone.  I did finally today learn how to answer it...they almost hung up before I figured out how to answer, and I can't promise that I can answer it again.  I can look on Facebook and take a picture with the camera.  It has more features than our van.  The one thing that I did master was the GPS....almost, just read the following story:

Okay, so I got this new phone..and don't know how to use anything but the GPS. Yesterday while at Carolina BBQ, I was showing my dad how it looked just like his Garmin. I popped in my home address to show him...I think he was impressed...I need to add that my knowledge of the GPS is limited. I put my phone in my purse and head to the restroom. To my horror in the restroom my phone starts yelling, "Recalculating, recalculating." Turn left in 200 ft." I have no idea how to stop it, and it keeps repeating. Then I just hear this big old cackle from another stall. At least I gave some a good laugh. I still don't know how to turn the GPS off. LOL

After pushing many buttons...I still don't know how to turn the GPS off, but it went off.  Mark finally asked me today, "Aren't you going to watch the DVD that came with the phone?"  I said yes, but I wanted to try and figure it out by myself first.  I am learning...I can use the camera, pull up WW restaurant guide to see how many points and play word search, but using it for it's intended purpose...to talk to people...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment