About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, May 23, 2011

Eclectic For Sure!!

This is just an eclectic blog about things that have happened in the last little bit or things that I just find fascinating. This will also be a rambling blog as I have been up since 3am and a little bored.  I did manage to do 2 loads of laundry and shelve 3 boxes of books this morning...so at least my time was put to good use.

We have 4 hummingbirds so far this year....at least that is how many we have counted.  I have really enjoyed them so much this year.  Even though those little things fight on each other, they are still fun to watch.  I have spent hours at our back door trying to get just the right picture of them, and that has not been easy for every good picture I take,I delete 20 fuzzy ones.  They only come to the feeder one at a time, but the other ones buzz and hoover close by.
 I was shocked at this picture I took.  I am no budding photographer, but I don't think that I did too bad.
Our bucket garden and flowers are doing really well.  We actually have 3 grape tomatoes on that plant and blooms, blooms, blooms on all the other plants.  Our squash and pepper plants are both budding out.  I planted lots of flowers this year...more than I have in such a long time.  I think this is due to the fact that the outside of our house looks so good since we had new siding put on the house.  Other years, we would plant and the flowers were pretty, but it made the house look even worse.


 I love this container of flowers.  These were just the left overs I had after buying way too many, but I think they turned out gorgeous.

I went crazy buying petunias this year.  Why, I don't know, because I hate dead heading these things.  I did find a hummingbird petunia this year...will have to take a picture of it later and post.  The hummers love it.

I have done some treasure shopping in the last little bit.  I actually hit the jackpot and found me some clothes.  Some top name brand capris for only $1 and $2 each.  A nice purse for $1 and 2 brand new pictures to go in my new bathroom for only $1.50.  While shopping for myself, I always keep my eyes peeled for anything that I think I can sell on Ebay.  This past week I found an Iwata Airbrush.  Not sure what that is exactly, but for $2.50 I brought it home.  I am happy to say as of this post it is at $56 on Ebay with 29 people watching it and it still has over a day left on bid.  Let me say for every one thing I pick up like this, I pick up lots of dud's in between that make a small if any profit on Ebay.  Not always lucky on picking up things that makes me a big profit, but it is nice when that happens.

My best find lately for Ebay.  Wish I could find something is profitable everytime.

This weekend was the Blingo Cruise sponosored by Park Lane Jewelry, to which I am huge fan of their jewelry (okay, I love all jewelry...I confessed).  My mom, Aunt Carolyn and I set out on this girls day out, and we were not disappointed.  I won twice in Blingo, mom and aunt Carolyn also won and mom won a door prize...a gift certificate for a pet grooming.  She loved it, not so sure Abbey will like it.  We took off on the party boat full of bling...I was in heaven.  It was so nice and elegantly set up with a great buffet (jewelry and food...what else could you possibly want).  It was fun to spend some time out with some ladies.  Heather Clayton and her mom, Michele went as well and sat with us.  I got to see a live pelican up close, and you know I had to take a picture of him.  It truly is the little things in life that make me happy.  The Park Lane Jewelers put on a great event.  No selling on the cruise, just winning lots of prizes and some beautiful jewelry.  The other thing that I loved is that they made sure everyone on the cruise won a piece of jewelry, so everyone went home a winner.  I love this group of jewelers (no, Sandi...I am not signing up to sell.  LOL  Well, not yet anyway.)

 The girls (that makes us sound so young. LOL) are ready to go and win us some new bling on this Blingo Cruise.
This pelican was just way too cool to pass up a photo of him.
  Heather and her mom, Michele.  They won was nice looking bling as well.  Heather and I always modeled some bling in the fashion show.  They didn't let us keep it though:-(
 The two pieces that I won playing Blingo.  You got to choose your own piece.  Notice that I picked the 2 biggest pieces that were offered.  LOL  If you know me, you know that I love big jewelry.

Standing at the boat as our lovely day ended.

This has been a great week.  Didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to, but there is always next week.  I plan to start this week out in somebody's pool....LOL  I am praying for a sunny day today.  I have been invited to come and swim at so many pools, and I really hope they meant what they said, because ready or not...I am coming.  LOL  This blog has been typed from 5am to 6am since sleep has eluded my body (this is so if you see typing errors you will understand.  LOL).  I see an early breakfast in my future and then I am off to see what kind of mischief I can get myself into today.  Tootles!!

1 comment:

  1. You are too Cute Tracey! Mom and I enjoyed spending the afternoon with you and Ms. Kay and Ms. Carolyn! We hope to find some "mischief" for the 5 of us to get into again soon. Seriously, we enjoyed your company! Love you SO much! <3 Heath

    ReplyDelete