About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Did It!!

If you read my blog from last year on Mother's Day, you will know that I struggle with standing or sitting when they recongize all the mother's.  The reason is that our children are in heaven, and not here on earth.  It has been something that I have struggled with for 16 years.

This year, I STOOD!!! For the first time in my life, I stood with all the mother's.  I was so nervous that I was shaking for some reason.  Mark had to lead the singing today and he was sitting up front.  Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand and it was Chris who was sitting next to me...such a great church.  After I sat down his wife, Jan, patted my leg and Chris just kept patting me on my shoulder...such encouragement.  I am thankful for great friends like that.  Also, Mark and I were singing and then I was told the tape deck blew so we would have to sing acapella, but I didn't care....because I had STOOD!!!  We ended up having music and all went great.

 This is a slide that Mark gave me some years back.  It is twin girls and their names are engraved on the front and their birth/death date is on the back.  I wore it today for the first time in 10 years.  The main reason I don't wear it is to avoid the questions.  Most love it because it is a unique piece, but admiring it comes with questions sometimes that I don't feel like answering.  But I wore it proudly today.
My sweet husband gave me this card today, and it was a funny card...just the kind I like.  I also got a massage as my Mother's Day gift.  How sweet of him.  I loved this Mother's Day!!! Instead of dredging it, I finally embraced it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment