About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Little of This & A Little of That!!!

The one thing I love about this time of year is all the smells that the earth produces.  Fresh cut grass, hay being cut and baled and honeysuckle.
Honeysuckle is probably my favorite scent this time of year, along with Carolina jasmine.  It is never over powering but you just catch a whiff of it now and then.  As a child, I remember going out and eating the honey out of the blossoms.  I did this along with chewing sour grass.  What memories!!!
I love flowers and this Spring has not been a disappointment of bushes in full bloom and flowers showing off.  I stand amazed at how beautiful God has painted this earth.
The bush above is at my mother in laws.  I think that it is a type of rose.  It is beside the old fashion rose bush, but I am not quite sure about this one.  I just know that it is gorgeous and this picture doesn't do it justice.

I went to do a little treasure hunting today.  Not anything major was found.  I got some little toys for the toy box here for .15 each, and found a glass canister to put in some left over cereal for a dime.  The one thing I did find was an unique lipstick holder for .25.  I love it!!!
 It holds 5 tubes of lipstick.  Not a bad deal for a quarter.
I thought that it had a unique flair and look to it.  I love anything that will help get you organized.

I found this book called "My Soul Thirsts for God" reflections on the Psalms.  I have really enjoyed reading it, and I have learned so many new things.  This was one of my favorite quotes in the book, "We often ask God to accompany us through life's dark passageways.  But instead of dismissing Him when your special needs are met, cling to Him as if your life depended on it; because IT DOES!!!!"

That reminds me of the times we use God as a band aid or a quick fit to our problems.  We want Him so close during the dark times, but just as soon as we see the light at the end of the tunnel; we start tossing God off like a worn garment. 

I have had friends like this as well.  They know I am married to a pastor, and when things are going crazy in their life they call, email or text wanting us to pray for them.  And I do pray for them.  We have communication almost daily during their crisis.  Just as soon as life is going more their way, I don't hear from them too much and eventually I don't hear from them at all.  I often feel like a band aid friend.  Remember their jingle?  "I am stuck on Band aid, because band aid stuck on me."  I will stick with them as long as they want to stick with me.


That doesn't really bother me because I often think that sometimes it is the little things that you do that makes an eternal impact.  I don't believe in my heart that I have to do big or elaborate things to make an eternal difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment