About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Things!!!

These are just a few things that makes me have happy thoughts....it isn't all about the elaborate things in life that brings happiness, it is the little things.

I just love to plant flowers and watch them grow.  This year, we really had a Spring, and I have gotten that chance to plant my little heart out.  I have kind of gone wild with planting and some of my beds are a little crowded, but they will be gorgeous when they are bigger and all bunched together.  I went yesterday and bought some verbena.  I am keeping within a pink/purple theme this year though.



 These are the hummingbird petunias.  See the long throaty stem on them.  My hummingbirds love them.
I really love being in the yard except for the heat and mosquitoes.  Anything I see just appeals to me so much.  I was out yesterday morning when I spotted some things that just tickled me to death.  Like I said, it doesn't take much to make my heart happy.

 I found some mushrooms growing in our yard yesterday morning.  I immediately thought about a book I read while in elementary school about a frog that lived under a toad stool.  It told all about his adventures in life.  I remember wishing I could live under a toad stool.  Ah, the minds of a child.

Our plum tree has plums on it again this year.  Now the tricky part is getting to them before the birds or something else gets them.  They are usually delicious.

I absolutely love my church and the people that make up the body of believers at Riley's Creek Baptist Church.  It has been so refreshing to be a part of a church that has a genuine love for one another.  Help is always there when you need and even when you don't realize you need help.  After some experiences in life, I treasure this more than anything.  I can hardly wait to get there on Sunday and see everyone and hear a great sermon.  I love our Pastor as well, he is such a nice man.  It means a lot to have a pastor that you can call on when you need them.
This picture was taken by my Aunt Carolyn....she is working on a secret project...SHH!!!

I loved this next thing yesterday, because it was soooo hottttt!!! I love a swimming pool, and I had it all to myself.

Thanks to my aunt for letting me come and swim!!


I love lots of things, but these are just a few things that I did yesterday that made me soooo happy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment