About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, May 6, 2011

How Does My Garden Grow???

Why in buckets of course!!!
After several people in our church had success with bucket gardens, we decided to give it a try this year.  Tomatoes, peppers, squash and zucchini is all that we did.  My grape tomato plant already has blooms on it.  This is also a way to try and not have the fire ants get in our garden.  Take a five gallon bucket and drill 1/2" holes  in the side(we did 4), add marble chips then garden soil and you are ready to plant.  We drilled our holes 2" from the bottom in the side.  That way they can drain, but still hold enough water for the the plant to drawl from in the days to come.

These are the old fashion roses that grow along our fence line.  I couldn't resist cutting some today and making me a bouquet to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment