About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, May 13, 2011

Found Discarded!!!

Our church is redoing its library this year.  In the hall way at the church are piles of free books from the old library.  We spent Monday morning going through all those discarded books.  I found several that I love.  I especially love poetry and I found 2 Helen Steiner Rice books.  I wanted to share 2 of the poems in her books that just jumped out at me.

Show Me The Way

God, help me in my own small way
To somehow do something each day
To show You that I love You best
And that my faith will stand each test.
And let me serve You every day
And feel You near me when I pray
Oh, hear my prayer, dear God above,
And make me worthy of Your love!
~Helen Steiner Rice

I Think of You and
I Pray for You, Too

Often during a busy day
I pause for a minute
to silently pray,
I mention the names
of those I love
And treasured friends
I am fonest of.
For it doesn't matter
where we pray
If we honestly mean
the words that we say,
For God is always
listening to hear
The prayers that are made
by a heart that's sincere.
~Helen Steiner Rice
 
I really love poetry and there are so many good ones in these two books, and I only shared 2 of them.  You never know what kind of treasure you are discarding in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment