About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

17 Years Ago






17 years ago, Mark and I started our journey through life together. It was September 26, 1992 at Forest Hills Baptist Church at 3:00 pm. I had never been so happy in my whole life. Waking up with a smile on my face and little butterflies in my stomach. I thought time would never pass by that day. Three o'clock seemed so far away. Finally the time came and we were pronounced husband and wife. We set out like most newly wed couples, with lots of dreams and a little reality on our side. Mark is a pastor, so we went on our honeymoon and then started our first church. Moving to a new town, starting a new life as a pastor's wife and newly married never frightened me, it revved up the excitement within me. It has been a smooth and rocky journey through our life. We have had great moments in life and disappointing times in life. We have lived some of our dreams and had some of dreams never come to reality. In my opinion, we have had a wonderful 17 years. Life is not always a bed of roses or a bowl of cherries, but it is wonderful during those bad times to have someone beside who loves you and walks through the bad times with you. Mark has taught me a lot through the years....patience would not be one of those things. LOL Ever since being married, we have been together 24/7, except for a few times that I had a public job. For most couples that would probably led to divorce, but it made us stronger. I hate it now when we are apart. We learned early on to draw from each other's strengths and help each other with our weakness'. I have enjoyed my life so much with Mark. He makes me laugh and gives me plenty to think about. I am looking forward to another great 17 years plus many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment