About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hay, Barns and Cows





As we have traveled the roads of NC, there are 3 things that catch my attention every time. 1) a red barn...it has to be red 2) the big round bales of hay (not the little square bales) 3) cows (they have to be black and white). I guess this is because I have always wanted to live on a farm. I think about moving to Montana or Wyoming and buying a ranch. I would paint my barn bright red and raise hay to bale so my black and white cows would have food to eat. The funny thing about this is that I have never been close to a cow or even been inside a red barn, but I have sat on a bale of hay. I am not sure why this intrigues me, but it does. I had Mark to pull off the side of the road to take pictures of barns and hay. The good old days fascinate me, but in the summer time I like modern times and AC. And I guess fetching water from a spring a half a mile away is not too appealing to me either. But regardless of the times, I still love red barns with round bales of hay with a black and white cow eating from the bale.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Tracey! You have no idea how near and dear the subject of cows is to me. My daddy and grandfather grew up on the Sunrise Dairy in Atlanta. Daddy got out of that business as soon as he could leave for college, and has spent the rest of his life trying to catch up on his sleep! Looks like you have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! When I was in college in Boone, a friend of mine and I used to bike for miles to take pictures of these things. Maybe I will post them on my blog one day so you can see them. Welcome to the blog world, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda,[Mama}
    I would have never dreamed that one day when you
    grew up you that you would even think about farming!
    I guess that proves that, there's a little a farmgirl in all of us. I love your blog.
    You have always been so inventive.

    ReplyDelete