About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrift Stores





I have a new love in my life...thrift stores. Some call them vintage stores, but I call them treasure stores. I have found the most interesting and unique things in these stores. I got Yankee Candle Tart Warmers for only .50 each (I found 3 of them). A new Tanya Lee quilted purse for $1. My pedestal dish full of glass candy for $5 (one store sells each piece of candy for $5 each). A travel Scrabble game for $1.50 and Battleship for .25. 3 boxes of children's books for my nieces for $2. I have found lots of books, which I love. There have been tennis balls, ball gloves, fall decorations, wire shelves, step ladders, pictures, and a host of other things that I have brought home. I especially love The Whispering Pines Thrift Store in Moore County. They have lots of very nice items (some new) at a steal of a price. My whole porch is decorated for Fall with items I found at a thrift store. I have found a new Tupperware modular mate for $1 last week. We have a radio that looks like the old timey radios that has a turntable on it. I found Christmas albums today for .25 each. I am like Mark, there is just something about listening to a record. I just go crazy when I walk in a thrift store hunting for that one special deal. My motto now..."Why pay retail". Let someone else pay the high price.

No comments:

Post a Comment