About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ebay

In 2004, EBay opened a whole new world for me. A world where I could sit in my office in my PJ's and make money. I loved the fact that has I was sleeping at night there was a little imaginary cashier cha-chinging my sales while I slept. On the advise of friends, I just started with things in my house that I no longer wanted or needed. It is like a giant yard sale that is world wide. I have shipped to Germany, England, China, France, Holland and Israel to name a few. EBay has allowed me to stay home and still earn money when illness hit our family. I am not just a seller, but a buyer as well. NWT (new with tag) items saturate eBay all the time. Where else can you get .99 Erika Capri's w/ free shipping. Or over 100 food coupons for .99 (that is cheaper than the Sunday paper. Amanda, I hope you are reading this. Sometimes you hit the jackpot selling on eBay. I bought an I Love Lucy doll at a yard sale for $10, and it sold on eBay for $120. You don't do that everyday. But sometime you are lucky enough to buy something for $1, and it sell for $30 on eBay. I did sell jewelry for years on eBay until the bad economy. Now I sell vegetable seeds for those wanting to grow their own gardens. I couldn't believe at how profitable it was for me this past spring. I did a lot of research on each vegetable that I sold, so I could advise my buyers. People ask me all the time about selling on eBay, and most think that they are going to make $300 in their first week...this is not true. You have to build trust in the EBay community by your feedback score. This system allows buyers and sellers evaluate how well you conduct business. I advise people to build their feedback number first before selling. Buy lots of little things that have free shipping to help build this number. People are more likely to bid higher amounts with someone that has a feedback number of 300 than someone who has one of 20. I have over 5100 transactions on EBay, and have earned a reputation as a trusted seller. I just took a little over a year to become a Power Seller on EBay, a fact that I am very proud of. You will never know what treasure you have lying around your house....you could be holding on to motivation tapes that are worth $30. I sold Richard Simmons walking tapes for over $20. Or that ugly old vase aunt Susie gave you, could be worth $10 on EBay. You never know, so log on and set up a seller account.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I used to sell on eBay when we first got married and I didn't have a permanent job. Then after we moved back home and I started working full-time it was just too much to do eBay as well. Now that I'm a stay-at-home mommy you've made me feel that urge again!!

    ReplyDelete