About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Books


I have an extreme love of books. It is not like I take everyone that I see, I am a little choosy. I first remember falling in love with reading in Jr. High. I read "Life on the Mississippi" by Mark Twain, and I just fell in love. I got completely lost in the book, and before I knew it; I was floating down the Mississippi with Tom and Huck. I found that books offered a whole new world to me. Not that my world was bad, but through books, I could visit places that I could only dream about. I use to only like fiction, but now my genre has expanded. On my shelves that my super great husband put up for me, you will find a mixture of books and authors. There are cookbooks, biographies, gardening, birds, religious and how to books to name a few. Authors you will find on our shelves are Mark Twain, O Henry, Phillip Gulley, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Bob Dole, Barbara Bush, Billy Graham, Dennis Rogers, Charles Kuralt and a host of other authors. Reading opens a whole new world and experiences for you. I search thrift stores, yards sales and library sales for my books. Never pay retail for a book. You can find some great books even at the Dollar Stores. Fall in love with reading is my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment