About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Bird!!! The Bird!!!

I'm dreaming of a golden brown crisp turkey laying on a platter.  For me it is all about the bird on Thanksgiving.  Not that I am not thankful for anything, but I am talking about food (my favorite thing to talk about).  You can have the stinking green bean casserole that looks like vomit (French's just need some way to peddle those onions).  You can have bowls of heaped up mashed potatoes, trays of deviled eggs, pans of dressing and enough cranberry sauce to feed and army, but without the bird....your table is naked.  LOL  The turkey just makes the table scream, "We are having Thanksgiving dinner."  I have visions of the knife slicing through the juicy breast of the turkey, the tearing off of the leg and the golden skin (sorry Dr. Oz, a little skin won't kill you.) If that would kill you, my mom and I would be dead.  We love that golden crisp skin.  I envision mounds of turkey smothered with my mom's famous (to me it is the BOMB!!) gravy.  I will dream of sugar plums after Thursday.  Enough of this, my mouth is watering and I still have 2 days to go!!!

We found this photo in Mark's parents huge pile of pictures.  We posted it for our family to identify the people in the photo.  The response we got, "Looks like a bunch of turkeys to me...must be the Garner Family."  LOL  Sadly no one has clue to the identity of the people in the photo, but I must say those birds would be mighty tasty all baked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment