About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mike's Farm!!!

Last night we went to Mike's Farm with the Seniors from our church, other wise known as the Silver Threads.

Mike's Farm is this wonderful hidden treasure that sits really in the middle of no where.  When I say no where, how many people have heard of Back Swamp, NC???  It is a restaurant, bakery, gift shop, hay ride plus an agricultural education experience.



Mike's Farm is something that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.  The main reason I like to go is the food.  They serve you family style, which means that they bring bowls and platters of food to your table and will keep bringing has long as you want.  In a nut shell, it is a fancy way of saying it is all you can eat.  Their menu includes:  fried chicken, pork lion and gravy, green beans, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, corn and country ham biscuits...let's not forget dessert.  You can even have more than one dessert...YUM!!!

 Our Silver Thread group is waiting to get in and feast on some country cookin'.

 Getting ready for them to bring on the vittles.

A little fellowship time before the meal.

Mark and I enjoy being the senior coordinators this year.  I hope they are having a good time with us.  We have lots more outings and fun times planned in the future.



1 comment:

  1. We seniors feel so blessed to have you and Mark as our caretakers...oops I meant leaders.Thank you both and God bless you,Judy

    ReplyDelete