About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, November 18, 2011

In the Moment!!!

I was watching Oprah's Life Class the other day, on this particular show really hit home.  I don't always watch Oprah or agree with everything she says, but I like to keep an open mind and not alienate things; as there are some good in lots of things.

Her topic was living in the moment, and how many of us don't do this.  I immediately realized that I was guilty of this.  I can't really enjoy the time that I am in for thinking ahead 2 or 3 weeks out of other things that I have to do.  It really spoke to me because as much as I love fall, I am to preoccupied with the Christmas Season to enjoy fall and all the colors God has painted in our landscape.  I am half listening to people talk because I am thinking of where I need to be going or something I need to be doing.  I can't even enjoy shopping at a store for trying to hurry and get to the next store I am going to.  I came to the conclusion after listening to this show that I needed to slow down and enjoy the moment that God had given me.  We are not promised tomorrow, so I might as well quit trying to live in a future that I am not promised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment