About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just Say No!!!

Just say NO!!!!  That is my motto to Black Friday.  One reason is that I am finished with my shopping.  I know for 12 months that Christmas is coming, so why would I wait and stress over not having enough money or spend my time running around like a chicken with my head cut off???

Spending hours staying in line and racing around massive amounts of people while grabbing what everyone thinks is a terrific bargain is not for me.  I have never seen anything on sale on Black Friday that would make me get up early and stand in line.  I personally catch sales all year long and use coupons.  I have over 35 people that I buy for during Christmas, so I have to be crafty in getting a very nice gift while being frugal.  This trick is to get something really nice and expensive for cheap.  I managed to do that this year.  I bought toys that originally cost $30 for like $5 to $10.  I watch for sales then I scour for coupons and rebates for that item.  Now for the holidays, I can take my money and do little things for people who aren't expecting anything.  So, while you are standing in line and then getting disappointed because the item you came to get is gone....I will be sleeping snug as a bug in a rug in my bed.

2 comments:

  1. I will be in my bed too. Hope you have a great time with your turkey.Camping out at a store is not my idea of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! The only time I ever went shopping on Black Friday was last year. I was up nursing Hunter anyway so we went to Walmart around 4:30am to get a much-needed vacuum. We were back home within 45 minutes! (That includes the 15 minutes to get there and back also!) It was a great experience, I got the one thing I needed, and I am not going this year due to the vacuum still working great! LOL!

    ReplyDelete