About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Changes, and I Don't Like Them!!!

I love this song that Patty Loveless sang several years ago, because I thought it just summed up life, and how I feel about change at times.  There is time when change brings happiness, but often it brings tears and heart ache. 


"Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain

Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same

And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?

It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry

Come, let me hold you and I will try

How can I help you to say goodbye?"


It seems lately that I have said goodbye to lots of friends, family and just people in general.  We say goodbye every time we move somewhere different.  We say goodbye to friends we have grown to love and can't imagine not seeing everyday.  Then we say goodbye to those who we will never see again until heaven.  We say goodbye to family as they move across the country.  We get scattered in winds of life. Nothing stays the same, and it stinks!!! I recently took a trip to my Godmother's, and there were 14 children in that family (my grandmother being one of them), and now only 3 are living.  Both my grandmother's have gone on.  Mark's parents are in a reverse role to where we look after them, and they seem more like the child instead of the parent.  Even our little once vibrant rambunctious little Shih-tzu is now blind and deaf.  My goodness even I have changed....I am still stinking 40 years old.  As you can see I have still not accepted this age with grace and dignity.  Just last night I told Mark that for the first time, I felt my age and pretty much looked it last night (I had a frightful experience in the mirror at Mama Fu's)  Although, I am still trying to figure out just what 40 looks like.  Change hits you all the time, and quite frankly, I am tired of the bad changes.  People who once played a vital part of our life is no longer around.  People are getting older and in some case very frail, and that just stinks as well.  But over all, change is a part of life.  Some change is good and some...well it stinks!!! I am trying to learn to not take for granted the things and ways I know now, because I never know when they will change.  But there is hope!!! Jesus is always the same.

Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."  He is never changing in an ever changing world.  His promises are ones that we can bank on....He never breaks a promise.

So, no matter how much life changes, God is in control.  Through life's changes brings strength, determination and if we allow it; it brings full reliance on God.



1 comment:

  1. Tracy, trust me ,40 will not look or feel so bad when you are 65.When I turned 30, I cried all day.I enjoyed being in my "late 20's ". I do have a problem with enjoying the moment as i am always making lists of what to do next.I cannot even watch TV without doing something else at the same time.We will have to work on that.. Thanks for blogging,love ya

    ReplyDelete