About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, November 21, 2011

Life!!!

I recently found my senior book that I journaled in back in 1989.  I had to laugh as one page was about your future.  The things I wrote about how my life would be in 5 years from graduating high school and then in 10 years from graduating high school.  It is very evident that math is not my strong point, because my one prediction was that after 10 years of graduating I would have 10 kids and I would also be a doctor.  Either math is not my strong point as I said or I thought I really was Wonder Woman.  LOL

Life happened nothing like I wrote back when I was 18.  Actually at 21 I found myself marrying the love of my life.  The past 19 years have been an adventure to say the least.  We have served at 4 full time churches and 1 interim.  We have lost children and we have both been faced with the fact that we could die.  Mine was in 2002 when I got an infection in my blood and it was poisoning my entire body.  Mark faced death in 2004 when he had multiple blood clots in his leg and lungs.  Both these experiences changed the way we looked at life.  It is so precious and also very fleeting.  We re-evaluated the way we were living life.  How we were sacrificing our time and we set out to change things.  We are not promised tomorrow, and I am guilty of sometimes trying to cram a lot of things in a small time frame...I think due to the fact that I know tomorrow is not promised. 

During our 19 years of marriage, we have lived numerous places and have met some interesting people along the way.  We have thrown caution to the wind and jumped off and done things...some stupid and some that resulted in fun times.  As I read my senior book, I have no regrets that things didn't turn out as I had hoped as an 18 year old kid.  At 40, I think my life has turned out pretty good, and I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment