About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sorry Thanksgiving, It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!!!

I know that is not even Thanksgiving and here I am putting out Christmas things.  I got my table set for Christmas and I put out my little Christmas tree that I told you about a few blogs back.  My Godmother made this tree in ceramic's.  It was actually made the year I was born, so it is only 30, I mean 40 years old.  She even gave me little boxes that she had wrapped like presents that go under the tree.  I wondered how old they were, as some feel brittle.  It is my prize possession this year.  Later today my Willow Tree Nativity (gifts from Mark and my parents over the years) will take it's place on the shelf.

I love this little Christmas tree.  It brings back a lot of memories...mostly, "look, but don't touch".  LOL  I have always loved the fact that she painted the snow on it.

This is what the tree looks like with no lights on.  It is prettier in person, but I couldn't resist taking a picture with the lights off.


The vintage elves that Nanny Sizemore gave me.  These were a very welcome surprise when I found them down in the box.

More vintage decorations.  This candles are so heavy.  I love them.  I am cherishing all the things that she gave me.


 If you know anything about me, you know that I love a bargain, and I am not shame to admit it.  People get rid or throw away great things all the time, I just hope I am there to get the good stuff. LOL  I set my kitchen table for Christmas last night.  As I was reminiscing where I got things, I realized that nothing on my table cost me over $1.  From thrift stores I got 4 chargers for $1, 4 Christmas plates for $1, two red shimmering candles, new in box, for only a quarter, pair of candle holders for fifty cent, a matching Christmas platter for $1, a set of 4 Lennox napkin rings for fifty cent (new in box), matching sugar and creamer for $1, matching salt and pepper for $1, gold placemats (6) for $1 and 6 napkins that matched my holly theme for a quarter. The table runner was in a bag sale, and the whole bag was $1.  For a grand total of $8 spent for my table decorations.  I know some people think that I spend money all the time.  Well, most of my things come from thrift or vintage stores or even yard sales.  Clothes from the thrift store hang in my closet as well as some from Belk's red dot sale (only red dot items).  I hardly ever spend over $5 for a shirt or no more than $12 for pants at the store.  This is getting off the subject of Christmas, but not really.  I recently bought a burgundy velvet dress at the thrift store for $5.  It is from Cold Water Creek.  Got it home and it still had the tag on it, and someone paid $137 for this dress and didn't even wear it.  I will be wearing it to the Christmas Tea.  Being frugal during the year allows me to do the extra little things that people love so much.  I have special Christmas projects in the works as I type this...you will see later.

My simple elegant, but cheap table. LOL


I want some glasses or maybe cups and saucers to match.  I did find some glasses, but they wanted $5 for only 4 glasses, and I refused to pay that price. It is fun to hunt and add to your treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment