About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Calling All Locals!!

Have you ever lived somewhere all your life, but never experienced the things it offered? That is what has happened to me. I have lived near Burgaw, NC all my life and never experienced half the things it offers. I am mostly talking about the local shops. If you have ever been to Burgaw, then you know there are no big retail chains in that quaint little town. This past week I popped in "The Nifty Place" located on Freemont Street. They just had the most adorable things in their shop. They sell lots of things made by local people. I went there to solely purchase some handmade soap made by a lady that I know. While there, I naturally picked up more items. They have an assortment of things in their store. Handmade soaps, lotions, salsa, dips, jams, quilts, flags and jewelry just to name a few. The store owner that waited on me was so charming and friendly. I have lived back here for over 2 years and I am ashamed to admit that this was the first time I had even stepped foot in this charming shop. The owner of the shop makes the jewelry and it is so beautiful. They even have blueberry jewelry in honor of the Blueberry Festival held every June in Burgaw. If you are a local to Pender County or just passing through...pop in and see what they and the other shops in Burgaw have to offer.



The Nifty Place located on Freemont Street in Burgaw, NC

I purchased a sterling silver turquoise ring from The Nifty Place. It is handmade by the owner. It is very beautiful. I had been wanting a turquoise ring for some time now, but I wanted a big stone....and I found it.




The reason I went into The Nifty Place was to buy some of Robin Roller's handmade soap. I went to church with Robin when I was a teenager...such a nice lady. I bought several bars and absolutely loved them. My skin felt so soft after taking a bath. Didn't even need to lotion down. She has an incredible website if you are not local and would like to purchase some of her soaps or many of her other great items. www.onesparrowproductions.com I plan on ordering some of her bath salts and sugar scrub off her website this week. They say her chap stick is wonderful. I might be purchasing some of that as well.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Tracy! I'm so glad you love the soaps AND the Nifty Shop! I'll get right on that Salta and Sugga Scrubba!

    Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Chit Chap lip balm!! I gave my daddy some and he loved it too -- keeps it in his pocket! ;) Thanks for the awesome stuff Robin!

    Kim Altman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the soaps I purchased. I am purchasing the ReMe-D to wash my dog Lilly in because she has extremely dry skin. I hear it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin's soaps are great! Glad to know another location I can get them from!

    ReplyDelete