About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

The curse is broken and this Garner family is getting a boy!!!



Our niece Jessica called this week to tell us that they found out what they were having...she was so giggly with her news. Well, after 50 years of only girls being born in this Garner family (Mark was the last boy born in this family in 1959), we are finally going to have a boy. That is right...little Hector Rufus will be joining our family in July. I am sure that is not going to be his name. Jessica won't tell us yet...quit being dramatic and tell us. We are eventually going to know anyway. So for now I am having all my items monogrammed with Hector Rufus on them. LOL We are very excited about a boy joining the Garner Clan. We have felt that there has been a curse on us not allowing boys in our family, but that curse has been broken now. My father in law hasn't been feeling well, but a huge grin came across his face when I told him that he was going to have a great grandson. That really perked him up last night. I now just have to wrap my mind around buying things boys like. Not sure that I really even know what little boys like, but I will have some time to research this and then buy only the coolest toys for him. I am itching to go to Belks and see what they have out in the baby department for little boys. I never look at boys items unless our friends have a boy and I need a gift. I can't wait to see all the cute items. We are really looking forward to this, and we want to say Congratulations to Adam and Jessica.


PS: I stink at buying boys clothes. Went today to do some high powered shopping for little Hector (hehehe!!), and came away with nothing. I just don't see this baby with donkeys on his clothes. I really wanted some cool jeans, but not a price that I pay for Mark's. My search will continue for cute baby clothes. I might start with diapers....everyone needs diapers.

1 comment: