About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Your Two Cents...Not Needed!!!

Mark, his father and myself were sitting in a local restaurant eating supper this week. We were having a great time and enjoying ourselves. The restaurant has a great homey feel, and everyone is very friendly. Two guys that were at the back made their way to the counter to pay their check. They were very noticeable as they were both covered with tattoo's. I mean covered with tattoos...on face, head and everywhere. All the tattoos were very colorful on top of everything. They were very nice guys and very polite...you can't judge people by the way they look. Sitting at the counter was an older woman, who I guess just couldn't help herself. I hear these words come out of her mouth to one of the guys, "Tattoo's are disgusting and people that have tattoos are disgusting too." My mouth dropped!! This guy had not said anything to this woman and why she felt compelled to say this was beyond me. Her two cents were not needed nor asked for by the guy or anyone else. I just held my breath as I waited for his response. The guy just politely said, "So tattoos aren't your thing?", and laughed. She then said no and preceded to tell him how trashy they were, and how only trashy people have them. He just politely told her that everyone likes different things, and left laughing. I just couldn't believe that she would be so brazen and crude to say these things to a stranger. Despite the fact that he did look scary (let's just be honest), he was a very nice guy. He is right, different people like different things. I personally don't have any tattoos...2 reasons...one they are done with a needle and second I have seen tattoos on OLD skin...NOT PRETTY. They are not my thing, but I don't judge people who have one or those who decide to tattoo their whole body. My point is...if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Life is hard enough without negative people putting their two cents worth in when it is not needed, necessary or asked for. I want to encourage people not discourage or say negative things to people. The world beats you down enough, and I guess this woman is a prime example of the world beating you down.

2 comments:

  1. I read another blog on this same topic just this morning. Some people have a habit of wearing "Christian Glasses" and as a result, make judgements about people that simply aren't true. It's sad. We miss a whole world of people that are amazing...
    We should love 'em like Jesus.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I started a new blog to document my weight loss journey. Since I want to be brutally honest, I've kept it anonymous - therefore can't invite my friends to read it. I'm looking for some followers so I have a little support in this. Check out my blog if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete