About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cat Burglar!!

This morning Mark and I were snapped to attention by the high pitch voice of my father in law as he came stomping through the house. We couldn't imagine what had him in an uproar at 8 in the morning, being he is not a morning person and usually sleeps in. He was fit to be tied as the old saying goes. We finally understood what he was saying, but it was a shock. There was someone in the house. Well, not someone, but something. He told us that the black bob tail stray cat that has taken up at the house ran across his feet in the bed. Now he has dementia, but he never hallucinates, just some short term memory loss. I immediately thought that maybe we were going into another stage of the dementia. He wouldn't stop telling us that the black bob tail cat was in this house. We thought he had gone back to bed, but no...he was getting dressed and getting out of that end of the house. I got his breakfast fixed, and Mark and I set out looking for Bobbi, as we had been calling this stray cat. We looked all over and opened the front door hoping that if she was in the house she would go toward the light to go back out. We couldn't imagine how she could have gotten in...if indeed she was really in the house. Then we saw that the register vent was completely out of the floor and we could see down the duct work. So, now it was possible that she was in the house, and he had not dreamed this event. We started calling her by name...why I am not sure, she doesn't answer to it ever. We were calling kitty kitty, and nothing. We had finally decided that there was no cat, and we weren't sure what compelled him to think he had seen one...it was a dream. Mark went to close the front door, and jumped. He yelled to close off all the doors going out of that room. I wasn't sure what was behind that door...it turned out to be Bobbi. A every frightened and mean Bobbi. She has never been tame, but she had let me pet her a couple of times; but not lately. I called and tried to coax her out to no avail. We went and got cat food and put on the sidewalk to try to get her out. I even heated hot dogs and put in the bowl hoping that the scent would lure her out. Nothing!! So, we did the only thing we knew to do...call Animal Control. He came and spent at least 10 minutes in there trying to get her. She was not a happy camper when he finally brought her out. He did confirm something we wondered...she does have bobcat in her. She is bob tail and her back legs are curved not straight like a domesticated cat. There are 6 cats that have taken up here...all wild. She was the tamest, but that isn't saying much. So after all that I decided that my father in law still just has some short term memory loss. We had us a Cat Burglar this morning!!! What a hoot this household is at times.

4 comments:

  1. Well Tracey don't you mean a mew mew not hootLOL
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for your father-in-law. Bless his heart.

    What a morning!! No amount of coffee can prepare you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, Rick and I got a good laugh at this one! You all have the craziest stuff to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the funniest story I have ever heard, EVER! I read it out loud to Jay and about couldn't get through it because I was crying! I could just visualize all of it! How funny! I wish I could have been there!

    Love you! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete