About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, April 19, 2010

Comedy Shoes!!!


I find myself with two comedy performances back to back the next 2 weekends. I have a certain color scheme that I like to wear when perform. Black and white. The reason for this is the fact that I have more flashy clothes in black and white than any other color. Not a genius reasoning on that one. Upon inspection I saw that my spring and summer shoes that I wear looks like they might break...oh no!! That meant only one thing...GO SHOE SHOPPING!!! I guess one pair might have been enough, but I decided to go for 3 pair that could be worn dressy or not dressy. A girl has to be functional as well. While I like to look good, comfort plays a big part in choosing a shoe. I am standing in front of an audience for at least 45 minutes. I need my feet to be comfortable and able to walk around without stumbling...so no high heels for me. I chose a nice low heel black sandal, a wedge flip flop with silver sequins and a pair of silver flip flops with rhinestones. The last 2 pair are for some not so fancy performances that I have coming up. I can't imagine doing a performance at the beach in high heels. Anyway, the problem is solved about my comedy shoes. I will make sure that I stick an extra pair in my bag just in case something happens.

My new selection of comedy shoes!!

Below is the flier that was distributed to alert people of the Women's Conference at White's Memorial Baptist Church. I will be performing there on Saturday along with Cheryl Gilmore and Sylvia Pusser. We did a conference together back last August and I had a blast with these two.




Spring Ladies Conference
Whites Memorial Baptist Church
2930 Whites Memorial Road
Franklinville, NC
336-672-2388
April 24th, 2010 10am – 4pm


It is our privilege to host the Spring Ladies Conference and would be honored with your attendance. Please join us for a time of uplifting speakers, fun games, prizes and more.

Special Speakers include:
Cheryl Gilmore – Have you ever wondered what a teapot and the Bible have in common??? Well, Cheryl did. She began collecting teapots 2 years ago and will come prepared to share with us just how teapots relate to women of the Bible


Tracy Garner – Do you often struggle with the lighter side of Christianity? Do you wonder if God really has a humorous side? Well, look no further. Tracey Garner, a pastor’s wife for 17 years, has just what you need. Come prepared to laugh.


Dr Sylvia Pusser – An inspiring Christian speaker with a heart for our Savior. She has a passion for women and missions. A lifelong educator, Dr. Pusser has traveled the US training and consulting.

Free Admission, but a love offering will be received. A light lunch will be provided. Also, we would like to extend to you the opportunity to help The Baptist Children’s Home of North Carolina by donating non-perishable food items. We will be collecting these the day of the conference.


RSVP: Please call 336-672-2388 if you or your church would like to attend. This will help us to plan for the lunch that will be served.

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo! Why does this have to be THIS weekend!? I would definitely make the drive to see the three of you at one time! This weekend is so crazy busy though. Have fun and I hope to come to one of these soon!!

    ReplyDelete